I agree, Brasspig.
What's there to fight about? What's sad is that we have adults with this same immature attitude. Students would deal with it better if parents would stay out of it.
I agree, Brasspig.
You can never rise above the image that you have of yourself in your own mind."
I think it was a bad ideal.
Yes, this first proposal was a bad plan. But, I hope this will not be the end of the discussion nor the efforts to improve our schools. I think most of us can now agree that our schools definitely have some problems that need to be addressed over the next few years and we should not allow one bad to proposal prevent us from moving forward in finding the best solution for everyone involved.
I would propose that a county education task force be established. (They seem to have them for everything else. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]) It should of course include those most affected by the schools, but also people from all walks of life -- parents, students, teachers, school board members, school administration, business people, engineers, etc. This task force could thoroughly and openly evaluate all the studies and information that has been gathered to date. It could make an unbiased recommendation as to what needs to be done and to help develop a plan and the best solution available to us. The entire process should take as much time as is needed so that we can guarantee that it is done right the first time because we probably cannot afford a second attempt. They should hold regular open meetings to get public input and report back to the school board as often as needed to keep them aprised of their progress. In this way the solution will be essentially developed by everyone and not in the hands of a select few. I believe this is the best way to move forward and I hope this or something similar is allowed to proceed. It will not be an easy job nor there will be no easy decisions, but I believe it must occur.
Just a little idea for your consideration............
......and I thought truth was universal. Silly me......
I think that are some good points both for and against consolidation. Consolidation may be needed but we need to do it right and not by getting a report one day and then crafting school closures the next. The problem is that the central office has known for a long time that they want to consolidate but they did not get the information to the people and that should be the most important thing. In order to do something there needs to be the appearance of keeping everything in the open and not doing things through backwater deals. Let the people know what is going on then get their input and then craft a plan that most people are happy with.
[url="http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/scorecard/02/01/sterger.roadtrip/p1_sterger.jpg"]http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/scorecard/02/01/sterger.roadtrip/p1_sterger.jpg[/url]
Merlin and UKCats1 both have some great points. If change is going to occur, then it must be done in a way that folks know what is coming.
You can never rise above the image that you have of yourself in your own mind."
Bookmarks